The Level 1 unit consists of 12 centrally monitored beds providing care for acutely unwell medical patients with complex needs from ED and the medical assessment areas.
Patients are admitted with a wide variety of acute medical conditions including: gastrointestinal disorders, cardiac disorders, respiratory problems, neurological disorders, DKA, sepsis and many more.
The unit provides a registered nurse to patient ratio of 1:4 with a Band 6 coordinator and 24 hour medical cover.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated nurse to join our team as a permanent Band 6 Deputy Sister/Charge Nurse to join our established team
Duties will include:
- Coordination of the Unit in close liaison with medical and bed management
- Support of staff, patients and carers on the Unit
- Management of a small team of staff including performing appraisals,
sickness monitoring, performance management and roster management
- Involvement in teaching and the professional development of junior staff and student nurses
- Taking on full Ward Manager duties in their absence
- Ensuring excellent standards of care are maintained at all times
The ideal candidate should:
- Have post registration experience in an acute setting, including experience of caring for the acutely unwell patient
- Demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills
- Be an effective role model and provide regular excellent clinical care
If you are interested in this opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0115 9691169 extension 76460