Help transform the lives of others and we'll help transform yours
Recruitment Event: Glangwili General Hospital, Carmarthenshire
Also includes Primary Care & Community Services
Saturday 9th September 2017 at 10.30am
Please submit your application as early as possible as the Recruiting Manager reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than the published closing date, due to having a sufficient amount of applications.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an RMN Ward Manager to work as part of our dedicated team within Bryngolau Older Adult Mental Health Ward.
We are looking for someone who is a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic individual, who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for the ongoing development of the service.
Bryngolau Ward is a 15 bed older adult mental health ward based Llanelli, Carmarthenshire. It caters for older adults service users with organic and/or functional mental health needs. The post will include-
1. Management of holistic care from a person centred perspective.
2. Effective management of the team by implementing Hywel Dda health board development policies and procedures.
3. Practice within the legal and ethical framework as established by the NMC and national
Legislation to ensure patients’ interests and wellbeing are met.
4. Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislation is complied with in order to safeguard
patients, employees and visitors to the ward.
5. Motivates and encourages self and others to achieve team and organisational goals.
6. Provide appropriate and effective leadership to the team including senior Nurses and in addition working closely with the ward multidisciplinary team including Doctors, Nurses, HCSW’s, Psychologist, OT, Activity Co-coordinator and Arts Therapists. To work in a person centred and recovery focused way to assist service users with their recovery and help prepare them for effective discharge. This post would involve supervising and supporting more junior staff and deputizing for the service manager.
7. The post would also involve managing physical healthcare needs and supporting service improvements on the Ward.
Welsh speaking is desirable but not essential.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact